This is what I look like.

This is what I look like.
(I am the person, not the buildings.)

12.14.2009

Open Mic Night

Tonight, for the first time in five years, I was involved with the performance of Live Music! on a stage in front of people I have never met before. The experience, as it was in the past, was immediately exhilarating and addicting and I can't wait to do it again.

Tonight, Luke, Kirk and myself performed under the name Ultimate Party Champions! at Muse Music on University Avenue. Luke and I played the guitar and Kirk brought us home on the bongos. We played a cover of "I Started a Joke" by The Bee Gees and an original song I'm not sure the name of that Luke wrote. That was easily the high point of the night, at least for us.

One of the other performers was a four year old boy named Evan, who rocked the toy piano and sang "I Love Jesus," "ABCs" and "Jingle Bells." He also danced on stage while we played and hung out with us on the couch afterwards. Coolest kid ever. He loved our bongos.

Overall, a good time was had by all and I look forward to doing this again in the near future. Next time though, we're doing all original music.

No comments:

Post a Comment